Unfortunately, the first real post to the official SB Pro blog is a bit of a downer 🙁
We are pushing back the launch date of the official release to April 30th, 2017. I understand that many of you are waiting anxiously for SB Pro to be released and pushing back the release date sucks. However, if we have to choose between shipping a buggy beast and delaying the launch by a few weeks, it’s usually an easy choice.
Why are we pushing back the date?
Short answer; because the product is not yet ready. Slightly longer answer: we underestimated a number of features as well as the amount of time we need to expand our block library. We are, in fact, quite close to being ready for launch. However, we do not want to have to rush through the last bits and we want to do enough proper testing to iron out as many issues as possible before launch. With the three of us still having regular full time coding gigs, we sometimes struggle freeing up as much time as we would like for SB Pro. Unfortunately, there is not much we can about this. We try to free up as much time as possible, but sometimes our day jobs require more attention. Once we launch SB Pro, we definitely expect this to improve.
Is there a chance we’ll be pushing back again in the future?
Of course we can’t say for sure it will definitely not happen; we don’t know what the future holds. That said, since we are actually quite close to the finish line, changes of another release date push back are very small. I’m 95% certain, April 30th will be the date SB Pro meets the world.
What happens with my pre-order?
Nothing really. We have simply moved back our Gumroad dates as well. You will not be charged until the software is launched in April. Additionally, we’re looking for ways to give a little something extra to everyone who has pre-order, just to make up for the pushed back date. More on this in the near future 🙂